I live in Reno, NV, work as a web marketer, have a wife who’s way out of my league, am dad to the coolest daughter on the planet and I like to create stuff that makes people laugh & think.
I’m from Delaware, but that hasn’t been my home since I moved away when I was 18.
If you’re reading this to get an idea of my beliefs and perspective, check out my fun little manifesto.
If you want to see my business creds they’re on Linkedin. Of course, if that kind of stuff is important to you then reading this blog will totally ruin your opinion of me.
- My taste in everything usually runs indie or underground
- I will always choose the underdog
- I’m the guy who gets everyone to stay out later and get drunker than they would have wanted
- I’ve had a gazillion jobs and still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up
- I’m an atheist who knows an awful lot about religion
- My general irreverence annoys some people
- My tendency to talk too much does, as well
- My greatest fear has always been that I’ll be forgotten
- That’s one reason why my only goal in life is to keep my life memorable
- I absolutely hate circus peanuts. worst. candy. ever.
- I got arrested when I was 16 for stealing part of the city’s xmas display- a huge fake lolipop
Time Line in Reverse:
Ages 30-Present (Pure Awesome):
- After a year in Guam it was time to come back. Moving back, though, is pretty expensive when you’re the one paying. That inspired one of the best decisions we’ve ever made- we sold almost everything we owned and decided to start over
- We moved back to Reno with a new resolution: we will have exactly the lives we want
- We live in a small apartment in the heart of downtown
- We have the best friends.
- We love our jobs
- Paige is becoming an amazing little girl
- We’ve got awesome plans
- 2008 has been real good to us so far
Ages 26-29 (Rethinking Things):
- Moving to Reno sparked a lot of introspection and reevaluation. Decided it was time to leave the cult
- Also realized I’m a total atheist- completely separate revelation
- Got my MBA
- Dabbled in amateur stand-up comedy
- First professional job
- Learned web design
- Realized I could finally stop acting like I cared about professional sports and still be manly
- My daughter, Paige, was born- she’s absolutely perfect
- Had another bizzare opportunity to move for a job- this time it was to Guam
Ages 21-25 (College Years):
- Loved college- the best 5 years I ever spent in my pajamas
- Studied art and business
- The cult was the best thing for me- pushed me towards self-improvement, sense of purpose to life, etc. Plus the people were fantastic. Best friends you could ask for.
- Became an intern with the cult, trained to become a full-time minister (yes, preaching and everything)
- Fell totally in love with one of my best friends, Heidi
- We married when I finished college & were asked to move to Reno to help out a church there
Ages 18-20 (The WTF Years):
- Moved in with my first steady girlfriend
- One Friday when I was 18 I took a half-day from work and we got married
- Moved to New Mexico after being offered a job at a shipping company
- Divorce (again, I don’t bring the details up here)
- Total meltdown
- Joined a cult
Ages 14-17 (Highschool):
- Thank you, early nineties- you made being dorky and “alternative” cool, so I finally made a friend or two
- Got my first full-time job when I was 13- worked all the time in highschool & had tons of different jobs
- Moved out right before turning 17- partied pretty heavily
- At 17, spurred by an evening of acid and Super Mario Bros, I started an intense search for meaning in life
- Had a wee bit of a meltdown and forgot about going to art school, or college in general
Ages 0-13 (Adolescence):
- Hilariously dysfunctional childhood. Even Heidi can’t believe half the stories, but some are pretty funny.
- Middle school, I had no friends at all
- Developed a fierce sense of independence & a massive bucket of insecurities
- Saw being an artist as my life’s calling – specifically a political cartoonist
- Really, Really bad at sports
- Absolutely no idea how to talk to a girl